Wednesday 6 February 2013

Treasured items... Erïk Bjerkesjö

When I encountered the assortment of exquisite handmade treasures, quintessentially beautiful with an added dash of unmistakable traditional mastery in the splendour of Villa Favard just over a year ago, it was impossible not to fall for the charms of Erïk Bjerkesjö's debut. Considered yet exciting, classic yet modern, the remarkably accomplished collection told the personal and professional story that began in Sweden and grew up amidst the great craft traditions of Italy and Tuscany. It is a tale that continues to fascinate me. Bjerkesjö's hunger to develop, hone and further traditions appears insatiable and each time that we've spoken, his enthusiasm, interest and love for the individuals that combine to realise his handmade shoes and their complimentary wardrobe, is both obvious and contagious while his longing to learn, develop and evolve in inspiring. Given that his products are items to truly treasure, I couldn't resist asking the talent to share the personal narrative behind his most cherished possessions... 
---------- 

Erïk Bjerkesjö and the ever willing and versatile leather companion

IDÉ VÂSKA

"I made this bag more then fifteen years ago. It was the first and only bag that I have made for my own collection. The construction of it still interests me, it only has three parts, so it feels modern. However, it turned out like that because during the production process I had no more thread for the machine. I grew to like it just the way it is.

Magnus Klackenstam really liked my bag, and when we where making my ss13 photo shoot, he snaped the bag for me! I still love it today and I always take it with me every day and I always have. When I used to skateboard more I brought the bag along because it was perfect to do trick over, at school it was perfect to transport my books, and sawing tools. Now when I am travelling or working in the studio, the bag is always fully packed with books, papers, tools, shoe hammers, a laptop and everything else."
----------

.... and the lucky driving gloves

_MG_2315

"I appreciate that not many people select to treasured items but I had to include another favourite, my grandfather's driving gloves. I wanted them ever since I was a little boy and used to wear them when we played basketball together. He remembered and gave them to me on the same day that he passed away. I always keep them close to me so if they're not on my hands they are in my bag. They are my lucky gloves and I put them on whenever I feel like my self confidence or belief requires a little push." Erïk Bjerkesjö
----------

1 comment:

Domenic said...

want alla dis

xx Domenic

http://www.stylehuntingclub.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails