Saturday 6 June 2009

People watching despite the rain...

One of my favourite ways to spend a sunny day is to find a nice seated spot, preferably with access to initially coffee and then as the hours pass alcohol, with some reading material and observe the people around me. Oh the art of people watching is a glorious thing to do anytime of the year but people (the watched) become a bit happier, animated and a touch more sartorial daring when the sun shines.

As the sunshine has deserted London today and been replaced by a damp sheet of grey I have been forced to sit at my table armed with a caffitiere and have duly spent people watching through the eyes of a couple of recently discovered street style blogs. Of course I will always make the daily trip to the old favourites (Garance and the Sartorialist) but it is nice to encompass a street style blog with a slighlty different eye. My favourite find is Vanessa Jackman, a lawyer turned photographer who is now taking thousand of photographs ever day, some in her head and thankfully for us, some with her Nikon. Here is just a selection of the people I've watched this morning thanks to Vanessa...




This is a blog that I'll certainly be adding to list of 'daily must visit' sites because come rain or shine I'll be able to practice the art of people watching...

6 comments:

Dan said...

Great shots, I love to people watch too.

HR Cass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassiopeia said...

LOVE these :-D i'll def be keeping an eye on that site, thanks for the heads up and great pics. The dude with the afro is just the epitome of cool! xxxc

mensfashiondeals said...

People watching seems to be a universal pastime. Although I must admit, it is much more entertaining in some places. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Good find.

Matthew Spade said...

great past time and good find. theres quite a few coffee shops where i live but it's lacking in interesting people. its all about tracksuits and fake tan, bad times

Anonymous said...

People are very strange creatures.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails