Thursday 13 March 2008

Picture postcard: that's amore

Dear Steve,

Some outfits are all about attitude, right? Somehow Dean pulls off a not-quite-right striped shirt, partly by keeping the rest of the outfit toned down. He pulls off a pointy receding hairline with a little bit of a bouffant... and those eyebrows. Just love his expression here. I reckon you should give that hairstyle a go- but how to get that much lift and retain that neatness?

Ok, ok, I admit it. I was in HMV, saw this album cover and just had to share. I wish I had the words 'pretty baby' floating above my head wherever I go. Perhaps I should go blonde again. Just listening to Dean Martin sing makes me feel even more slovenly for dressing in jeans.

EJ

Wow, the variety of readers that we get constantly amazes me! Thank's to EJ's wonderful post above I was made aware of ilovedinomartin. I loved reading through the Dylan Jones article on Dean Martin, especially the quote "His cool wasn't born out of arrogance; it was born out of indifference." I could not agree more. There were so many entertainers out there around the same time and subsequently who had to work so hard for the admiration that they received, Martin just acted how he wanted, when he wanted as it all came so easy to him!

3 comments:

dino martin peters said...

Hey pallie, great Dinotrib...never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool..oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth...

Thomas said...

Memories are Made of This - there are not a lot of things I would call perfect in this world, but Dino singing this song is perfect. Completely perfect.

discotheque confusion said...

Please could somebody commission stephen jones to make such a hat; with the words floating above the head.

I would, but I'm skint with all of my spare coppers going into my NY fund!

"thaats amoreee!"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails